Season 10 - The benefits of structured training
We've all been there – fired up, heading to the gym, only to wonder, "Now what?" In this episode, we dive deep into the difference between just "winging it" at the gym versus following a structured training plan. We all know someone (or maybe it's even you!) who walks into the gym, scans the room, and just goes with the flow. While there’s a time and place for spontaneity, the gym isn’t it – especially if you’re serious about seeing results!
“Winging it” can be a major pitfall, and even more so when it's endorsed by a personal trainer. That approach? Well, it's a straight path to inconsistent workouts, dwindling motivation, and stalled progress. The remedy? Structure. When you have a proper plan in place, not only does it cut the intimidation factor of the gym, but it also boosts confidence, accountability, and most importantly, progression. Whether it's amping up your strength, flexibility, or overall coordination, a structured approach ensures you’re always moving forward in a measurable way.
But how do you add that crucial structure? We're laying it all out, from weight training frequency to the nitty-gritty details of sets, reps, and equipment choices. And here's a spoiler: it’s not about the quantity but the quality and consistency of your sessions. Dive into the episode for a step-by-step guide, including a 12-week challenge that might just revolutionise your gym game. With structured training, the sky's the limit. Time to get strategic and see the gains!
firstname.lastname@example.org is where you can reach us and we'd love to hear from you!
1. The Weight Loss Podcast Academy – If you need personalised support from Matt and Courtney themselves, as well as accountability, structure and direction, then get all the details on our Transformation Academy Program here. This is our full 1-2 year coaching program. We accept clients via application only.
2. The Weight Loss Podcast Classroom – In this introductory 12-week education program, we will teach you how to achieve real results using the same science-based, research-proven body transformation system that has seen us change our lives, as well as the lives of countless others just like you.
3. The Weight Loss Podcast Facebook Group - Our private Facebook community, the ultimate support network! Join our group to be inspired, motivated and supported all the way...and hang out with us!
4. "Why overweight people fail at weight loss" - Our free webinar that covers the 3 key mistakes people make with their weight loss attempts...and how to avoid them
5. Free 6-Day Weight Loss Course – Our free video series designed to give you valuable tools to help overcome the common obstacles that we face during long-term weight loss attempts. Give us 10-15 minutes of your time each day and we'll give you loads of science-based information that will change the way you look at permanent, successful weight loss.
6. The Wall of Fame - Looking for some inspiration? Look no further than some of the people we've worked with!
7. How to overcome the mental hurdles that keep you from losing weight – Courtney's first Ebook, all about the mental and emotional issues we face along the way, and what you can do to overcome them.
8. 10 signs you're about to lose weight – Courtney's second Ebook. Ever get frustrated as it seems like you just aren't changing? In this book you will learn to recognise the signs that you ARE changing, even if you can't see them in the mirror.