Season 9 - Menopause and Weight Loss
In this episode of the show we have a chat with Dr Katie Hirsch from the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina about all things menopause and weight loss from a science-based perspective!
Specific topics we discuss include how the body changes during the menopause transition, the importance of muscle mass and how both ageing and menopause can affect it, effective exercise through menopause as well as diet and nutritional factors.
Finally we wrap up the show with Dr Katie's top 5 science-based tips for menopausal women on their weight loss journey.
This has been, by far, one of our most requested topics ever and to do it justice we've brought in a genuine expert on this topic to educate us.
To know more about Dr Katie and her research, follow her on Twitter @hirschkt.
email@example.com is where you can reach us and we'd love to hear from you!
1. The Transformation Academy - This is our exclusive, premium life-changing online transformation program, allowing us to work with our amazing clients anywhere in the world. Looking to have support, guidance and accountability from experts who have walked the same path as you? Click here and contact us to register your interest!
2. The Weight Loss Podcast Facebook Group - Our private Facebook community, the ultimate support network! Join our group to be inspired, motivated and supported all the way...and hang out with us!
3. "Why overweight people fail at weight loss" - Our free webinar that covers the 3 key mistakes people make with their weight loss attempts...and how to avoid them
4. The Free Fat-Loss E-Course - A 6-day course that will get you refocused and back on track with your journey!
5. The Wall of Fame - Looking for some inspiration? Look no further than some of the people we've worked with!
6. Podcast Merch Store - If you care to show your appreciation for this and the 150+ episodes we’ve done so far and want to keep the show ad-free, you can help us out by buying some sweet new podcast swag! Hoodies, tees...aprons?!